For students in grades 2 to 6, this summer program makes learning fun. Participants brush up on their learning skills and explore the power of computers.
- The program is in session for three weeks, beginning the first full week of July. Sessions run from two to three weeks. As long as there are openings, scheduling is kept flexible to allow families to fit Cyber LaunchPad into their vacation plans. Parents provide transportation.
- Skill Builders – All participants build their skills in writing and keyboarding. Many also sign up for remedial classes in reading, mathematics, spelling and study skills. Groups are small, with a focus on individual work.
- Assessments – Children enrolled in the academic Skill Builders are interviewed and tested prior to the session to ensure that they are scheduled into appropriate activities.
- Reports and Recommendations – Children who enroll for two or more weeks receive a detailed report.
- Mailed report describing their programs, the way they learn, and some recommendations about how they can keep up their progress.